May 09, 2019
– Guests: James Reddish, Executive Vice President of the Little Rock Regional Chamber | Little Rock Regional Chamber launches study of Ford Education Initiative, known as the Ford Next Generation Learning (NGL). The exploratory study will include an initial financial investment by the local business community, through the LR Regional Chamber, which will collectively benefit all four Pulaski County School Districts, Little Rock, North Little Rock, Pulaski County Special, and Jacksonville North Pulaski. NGL will explore a high school transformation model for the four districts. The model is focused on preparing all students to be both college and career ready upon graduation. The goal of Phase I study was to assess opportunities and feasibility across the four districts, highlight existing pockets of excellence, and provide a recommended path forward. To find out more and learn how you can help, visit www.littlerockchamber.com/NGL.
– Guests: Lara Blume McGee, Founder of the ALS in Wonderland Foundation and Team Up World and Sylvia Smith with the ALS in Wonderland | ALS in Wonderland has a weekend of fundraising events with proceeds to benefit ALS in Wonderland Foundation and the local patients in Arkansas.
- Attorney Shelia Campbell and ALS in Wonderland Foundation presents comedic legend Michael Coylar LIVE, Friday, May 17th at Mosaic Templars Cultural Center, 501 West 9th Street in Little Rock. Doors open at 7pm. Show starts at 8pm. For tickets & more information, visit www.ALSinWonderland.com or call 501-291-2640.
- ALS in Wonderland presents the 8th annual “Under the Big Top”, Saturday, May 18th at the Hall of Industry, 2600 Howard Street in Little Rock. A reception mixer will held at 7pm, and the show starts at 8:15pm. Comedian Michael Coylar will be the emcee. The mixer will include an art, entertainment & fashion, silent auction, caricature artist, photo studio, fortune teller and raffle. A fashion/art show will take place directly after. A silent auction will feature an authentic Bruce Springsteen guitar, Wonder Woman cast signed poster, Cowboys Legend Helmet, Stan Lee/Spiderman artwork, and many more items. Food will be provided by Bar Louie, Bonefish Grill, & Sky. For tickets & more information, visit www.ALSinWonderland.com or call 501-492-6955.
*The mission of ALS in Wonderland Foundation is to create awareness, education and provide funding directly for the benefit of patients with ALS (PALS) in the state of Arkansas.
– Guests: Sgt. Shantay Harris and Sgt. Kristina Henderson with the U.S. ARMY Recruiting Station in Little Rock | The U. S. ARMY in partnership with the Watershed hosts “ARMY Experience Expo,” Saturday, May 11th from 9am-2pm at The Watershed, 3701 Springer Blvd. in Little Rock. Attendees will have the opportunity to learn what it takes to be a part of the US ARMY and ARMY Reserve. There will be demonstrations, a bounce house, games, giveaways, and more at this family-friendly event. For more information, call 501-909-1684 or 501-529-4111.