September 06, 2018
– Guests: James Ressish, Executive Vice President of the Little Rock Chamber of Commerce; and Myron Jackson, CEO of The Design Group | The 36th Annual Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week, presented by The Design Group will be held Monday-Thursday, September 10th-13th at various locations in Little Rock. The kick off will be a Minority Business Awards Luncheon with keynote speaker Ronnie Dedman, President of AT&T Arkansas, Monday, September 10th from 11:30am-1pm in the Nugent Conference Room at Philander Smith College, 900 West Daisy Bates Drive in Little Rock.
- Tues., Sept. 11th | Innovations and Libations | 4:30pm-7:30pm | Mosaic Templars Cultural Center | 501 W. 9th Street in LR
- Thurs., Sept. 13th | 2018 Arkansas Small, Minority and Women-Owned Business Matchmaking Event | 8pm-3pm | Metroplex Event Center | 10800 Colonel Glenn Road | LR
- Thurs., Sept. 13th | Networking Fiesta | 5pm-7pm | Club 27, 614 President Clinton Ave, LR | The Hispanic Business Committee of the LR Chamber will present a multicultural networking event with live music, dance lessons, authentic Argentinian food and more.
All MED Week events, even if free, require reservations which must be made/purchased separately and in advance at www.littlerockchamber.com. To learn more, call 501-377-6027 or add Little Rock Regional Chamber on Facebook & Twitter.
– Guests: LaKisha Johnson, Executive Director and Kimberly Lee, Board Member of Sickle Cell Support Services (SCSS); Jerald Gardner, Arkansas Blood Institute; and Cliff Aaron of Drummerboy Infinity | September is Sickle Cell Awareness Month, and during this month Sickle Cell Support Services (SCSS) will be hosting a series of events to bring awareness to Sickle Cell and also raise funds.
- Friday, September 7th | Kick-Off with the sounds of entertainer Keith Savage | 7pm | Guillermo’s Coffee, Tea & Rostery | 10700 North Rodney Parham | LR
- Saturday, September 8th | Blood Drive in memory of Germaine Johnson, Founder of SCSS | 9am-2pm | Greater Friendship Church | 4640 Springer Blvd. | Little Rock. Must bring photo I.D. Call 501-650-0764 to schedule an appointment.
- Saturday, September 8th | R.E.S.P.C.T. The Queen of Soul Tribute to Aretha Franklin | 10pm-2am | Rev Room | 300 President Clinton Ave. | Downtown LR. Proceeds to benefit SCSS.
For more information on these events or other events throughout the month of September, call 501-650-0764 or visit www.sicklecellsupportservices.com.
– Guests: LaConda T. Watson, CEO of the Jacksonville Boys & Girls Club (JBGC) and Freddie Scott, Sr., former Pro NFL Football Player and JBGC board member for the Annual Dub Myers Memorial Golf Tournament. The event is one of the main fundraisers for the Jacksonville Boys & Girls Club which serves hundreds of kids. The tournament will be held, Monday, September 10th at the Southern Oaks Country Club, 701 Foxwood Drive in Jacksonville with an 11am-12 noon lunch and 1pm Tee Time. The cost is $85 per person; $150 Hole Sponsor; $475 Team & Hole Sponsor. Sponsorship opportunities are available. To register online visit www.jbgc.org. To learn more, call 501-982-4316.